Whatever you did for the least of my brothers, you did for me.
A portion of St. Margaret Mary’s budget is allocated to charities outside the parish. The Charitable Contributions Committee makes a recommendation on the distribution of these funds to organizations which practice the Cardinal Works of Mercy:
- Feed the hungry
- Clothe the naked
- Shelter the homeless
- Provide for the physical and spiritual well-being of the less fortunate
This committee, comprised of parishioners, meets monthly starting in September to review donation requests. Requests can be submitted starting on July 1. They are placed into our queue for review after all of the following documentation is received.
- Copies of your mission statement, including a brief history of your organization.
- Types and numbers of clients served.
- The amount of aid requested and the purpose(s) the funds will be used for.
- A copy of the letter from the U.S. internal Revenue Service granting tax exempt status 501(c)(3).
- A copy of your latest annual financial statement, including major sources of financial support. An audited version is usually required.
- If appropriate, a copy of your latest filing of the IRS 990.
- A year-to-date financial balance statement.
We ask that all requests be sent to St. Margaret Mary Parish Attn: Charitable Contributions Committee.
A committee member is assigned to each organization and will either schedule a visit, or ask a representative to come to a meeting to make a presentation. A summary of the organization will be prepared by the assigned committee member, and they will make a motion on funding. After questions and discussion, a vote is taken.
Regretfully, we are unable to fund all worthy organizations.