The Sacrament of First Holy Communion is usually received in second grade after completion of two years of faith formation classes. Preparation for First Holy Communion includes:
- Weekly Faith Formation sessions for children
- A Parent/child Night in the month of March
- A sacramental retreat for children in the month of March
2022-2023 First Communion Information
- Sacramental retreat for First Communicants only – Saturday, March 4, 10 a.m. – Noon
- First Communion Night for parents & children – Thursday, March 9th, 7-8 p.m.
Information regarding registering your child for a First Communion mass time will be mailed to parents in early February. Included will be parents of all 2nd graders from Faith Formation classes and ASCA, plus parents of those children who have been preparing in Special Sacraments class. Parents will choose from the following times:
Saturday, May 6th: 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. masses
Rehearsals will take place on the date and times listed below. All children and at least one parent must attend the practice, which lasts around an hour long.
May 3rd – 4 p.m.
(1st Communion Rehearsal for 10 a.m. Mass)
May 3rd – 5:30 p.m.
(1st Communion Rehearsal for 1 p.m. Mass)
Please see the Youth Faith Formation page for information.