The Sacrament of Holy Eucharist (Holy Communion) is usually received in second grade after completion of two years of religious education. Children in third grade or higher who have not received Holy Communion may be required to attend special sessions outside of regular session times. Preparation for First Holy Communion includes:
- Regular RE sessions weekly
- A sacramental retreat for parents
- A bread service for parents & children
- A sacramental retreat for children
2020-2021 First Communion Information
- Sacramental retreat for First Communicants only – Saturday, March 6, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Virtual First Communion Night for parents & children – Tuesday, March 9, 7:00-8:00
Information regarding registering your child for a First Communion date will be mailed to parents in early January 2021. Included will be parents of all 2nd graders from Faith Formation classes and ASCA, plus parents of those children who have been preparing in Special Sacraments class. Parents will choose from among the following dates:
- Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Mass
- Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Mass
Practices will take place on the dates listed below. All children and at least one parent must attend the practice. For children with parts, the specific parts practice will immediately follow the main practice session for each Mass.
April 21, 2021, 5:45 p.m.
(1st Communion General Practice for April 25th, 11:00 p.m. Mass)
April 28, 2021, 5:45 p.m.
(1st Communion General Practice for May 2nd, 11:00 p.m. Mass)
Please see the Religious Education page for information.