The Sacrament of First Holy Communion is usually received in second grade after completion of two years of faith formation classes. Preparation for First Holy Communion includes:
- Weekly Faith Formation sessions for children
- A Parent/child Night in the month of March
- A sacramental retreat for children in the month of March
2021-2022 First Communion Information
- Sacramental retreat for First Communicants only – Saturday, March 5, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- First Communion Night for parents & children – Tuesday, March 8, 7:00-8:00
Information regarding registering your child for a First Communion date will be mailed to parents in early February. Included will be parents of all 2nd graders from Faith Formation classes and ASCA, plus parents of those children who have been preparing in Special Sacraments class. Parents will choose from the following dates:
- Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Sunday, May 1, 2022 – Mass time TBD
Practices will take place on the dates listed below. All children and at least one parent must attend the practice. For children with parts, the specific parts practice will immediately follow the main practice session for each Mass.
April 20, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
(1st Communion Rehearsal for April 24th Mass))
April 27, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
(1st Communion Rehearsal for May 1st Mass)
Please see the Religious Education page for information.