This presentation will reflect on what is a virtue, and what is trust. It will also ask the questions:
- In whom do we trust and in what do we trust?
- How do we become people of trust?
- What builds trust and what wears away trust?
- How do we judge trustworthiness?
- And finally, it will attempt to answer the title question “Is Trust a Virtue for Today?”
Come with heart and mind open to reflect and to share life experiences of trust.
Sallie Latkovich is a Sister of St. Joseph with education in catechesis and theology. She has a Doctor of Ministry Degree in Scripture and Spirituality. After ministering in the Diocese of Venice in Florida for 25 years, Sallie moved to Chicago to teach at Catholic Theological Union and direct its Bible Study and Travel Program. In 2018, she was elected to the leadership team of the Congregation of St. Joseph, but remains grateful for opportunities to teach and to present.